Monday, October 8, 2007

Admitting what I cannot do...

It's interesting to me, that most of most of my days is filled with me convincing either myself or others that I Can. Perhaps it is the mentality instilled in us from birth, the stories of the little engine that could or simply the affirmations from our parents.

This morning I read from My Utmost for His Highest and it began with these words:

I cannot save myself and sanctify myself; I cannot atone for sin; I cannot redeem the world; I cannot make right what is wrong, pure what is impure, holy what is unholy. That is all the sovereign work of God. Have I faith in what Jesus Christ has done?... The great need is not to do things, but to believe things...

What a difference it could make if we began every morning with such a confession.

Digg this

0 comments:

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks